Type II Diabetes

Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Diabetic, Coeliac or any other Special Diet or Food Intolerance General Chat

Postby saucisson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:08 am

Good luck !!

Dave
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Re: diabetis

Postby saucisson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 am

culinairezaken wrote:maybe i should go see o doctor... Always thirsty, hungry, peeing like a watertap, always tired and fast aggitated.

In the UK some of the Pharmacists will give you a free test over the counter, It will take about 2 minutes and may put your mind at rest (or not :cry: ). I would get tested ASAP though... If you do go skip breakfast so that they get a fasting level.

Dave

saucisson
Site Admin

Postby culinairezaken » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:22 am

i'll go to my farmacist this afternoon, didn't have breakfast (my wife ate it :x ). let you all know
culinairezaken
Registered Member

Postby tinca » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 am

Yep best to do a fasting test , if yer wifes eaten yer breakfast , and i mean all of it and the last time you eat was 12hours or so ago you should get a good reading, hopefully :lol:
tinca
Registered Member

Re: diabetis

Postby tinca » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:54 am

DanMcG wrote:
culinairezaken wrote:how did you all realise that you have diabetes?

heres a link that gives the symptoms. I didn't have any of them but it showed up in a blood test while having a much needed physical exam.
http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/symptoms/

Only problem with that is it dosnt tell you all the symptoms you get through a hampered immune system :D liver , kidneys, heart, lungs and so on can be a problem :( Gaz
tinca
Registered Member

Postby tinca » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:56 am

Paul Kribs wrote:I now have my insulin pens and will be on slow release metformin in a few days, and we shall see how it goes. Only thing is have to inform DVLA and car insurance and medical travel insurance. Also been given more bumff to read..

Preparing to now get fatter, she said my appetite will now return.. maybe the booze will taste nice again.. :?

Regards, Paul Kribs

OY! stay off that booze :lol: :lol:

PS i decided to have a drink with the wifey a few days ago , feeling alittle down and if you ever have byetta and bolamyn "slow relaese metformin then dont drink :shock: ive never felt so bad in my life, my head was going to explode, it wasnt very nice at all :oops:
Last edited by tinca on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinca
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Can you people ditching simvastatin describe the symptoms in a bit more detail? I'm just feeling a bit paranoid now as that's what I'm on :D

Dave

saucisson
Site Admin

Postby tinca » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:21 am

saucisson wrote:Can you people ditching simvastatin describe the symptoms in a bit more detail? I'm just feeling a bit paranoid now as that's what I'm on :D

Dave

In my case , i got alot of muscle pain even my short and curlies hurt :( i felt like a 90 year old every move i made just hurt , i also had pain in my right kidney area which is a indicator for me that something aint right.When i first started taking the tabs i got bad stomach cramps but they eased off after few days and gradually the muscle pain got worse, i suffer from athritus to in my legs so it wasnt that unusual for me to have aload of pain so i put up with it, but when you hurt just picking up a cup of tea then its getting silly, i feel like a new man now, much more energy and less pain atleast in my upper body anyway :lol: Short and curlies are back to normal :P
I went to the docs the other day to sort out some other form of vastin but they have said not yet we will see how you go without them as other types could still be a problem, although lipitol which i was on before vastin wasnt that bad but more costly :? the doc told me that these vastins can cause really nasty problem with yer liver ,kidneys ect so im glad to be off it :D Gaz
tinca
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:18 pm

I've been getting quite a lot of lower back pain/sciatica since my fall on holiday, which I ascribed to the fall, I might mention it at my next MOT.

Thanks,

Dave

saucisson
Site Admin

Postby tinca » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 am

saucisson wrote:I've been getting quite a lot of lower back pain/sciatica since my fall on holiday, which I ascribed to the fall, I might mention it at my next MOT.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave
Ithink if youve got a weak point in yer body then the vastatin will make matters worse, my pain started getting worse over time some 6-8 months.Try a google of it and you will see quite afew pages that give syptoms and bad reviews especially forums :shock: alot of people like me were on lipitol and then on to vastatin as its cheaper, most have now ditched it or just plain refused to take it, so not good :? Gaz
tinca
Registered Member

Postby tinca » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Dave.
This site might give you a better idea of the problems it can cause
http://experience.patient.co.uk/discuss ... .php?d=305
tinca
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks Gaz, I'll have a read and then discuss with my doctor.

Dave

saucisson
Site Admin

Postby Lord-Foul » Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but..

I am in the initial stages of being diagnosed with type II diabetes, I feel honoured to be on the verge of joining the 'Elite Inner Circle' of this forum :P
Rick :)
Lord-Foul
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Fri May 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Welcome to the club :)

saucisson
Site Admin

Postby DanMcG » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 pm

I just thought I'd bring this topic back up to see how we all are doing with our common problem, diabetes.
I wish I could say I'm watching mine closely but that would be a lie. But I do watch what I eat to some extent.
DanMcG
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Dietary Chat