Bradley smoker

Postby welsh wizard » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:05 pm

Bradley = brilliant, I have had one now for almost two years and for game it is the best bit of kit I have. I tend to cook game and then smoke it to impart dirfferent flavours - for example I make a VERY simple game tureen (spell check please) as well as sausages and smoke the lot. Pidgeon breasts are NOT good unless you can get them out quickley, leather comes to mind! - duck is quacking - pheasant is brill and goose is even better ( a little more fat ). After building a variety of smoking things over the years the Bradly comes out on top mainly for two reasons 1) constant temprature 2) auto feed. It aint cheap but it is good!
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby Hobbitfeet » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:22 pm

The only problem with the Bradley comes to light when cold smoking. As has been mentioned in another thread, certain modifications are necessary in order to keep the internal temperature down; this isn't difficult but a little disappointing at first.
"I would not enter on my list of friends (Though graced with polished manners and fine sense, yet wanting sensibility) the man who needlessly sets foot upon a worm." William Cowper.
Hobbitfeet
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing