Cuban recipe.

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Cuban recipe.

Postby jenny_haddow » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Travelling around Cuba I've had some great food, mostly of the Caribbean genre, and often in the homes of Cubans. For a reasonable price they will cook you dinner and invite you to eat it in their home. It's a good way of meeting and talking to these lovely people. Here's a Cuban recipe I cook sometimes, it always goes down well.

Boil a medium sized chicken with a few peppercorns, a bay leaf and some parsley. When cooked, take the meat off and put aside.
Take 500gr of sweetcorn kernels, frozen or drained canned and puree them in a blender until smooth. Melt 90gr of butter in a pan, stir in the sweetcorn, 2tsps sugar, and salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes and stir in 3 beaten eggs.
Heat 2 tblsp of olive oil in a pan. Stir in 1 large, finely chopped onion and cook until soft, season to taste. Add 2 chopped hard boiled eggs, 2 chopped tomatoes, 50gr chopped pitted green olives, 1 tblsp capers and 65gr of raisins. Combine with the chicken and put into a pie dish.
Spread the corn topping evenly over the top and bake in the oven (180c/350f) for about 45 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy.

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks Jenny. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby Zulululu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks Jenny a definite try, I can almost smell it. :D
No one knows more than all of us.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Wow...I just asked Christ2000 to post some Cuban reecipes on the wheels calc thread in beginners section. If any are posted I will move them to this thread.

John
johnfb
Global Moderator

Return to Cookery in general