Chicken sausages

Recipes for all sausages

Postby captain wassname » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Spudeye what did you use for for fat and how much
Jim
captain wassname
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm not sure that my sausage would have been my choice of starting point, but there again, I don't make chicken sausage.

However, if you describe what your after I might be tempted to have a bash at it. :lol: :lol:

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

chicken sausages and the taste ?

Postby spudeye » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 am

Wow ! thanks Guys for the responses.
I will attempt to ans your questions.

I estimated that the thighs had approx 10% fat and skin, I added back fat to give me about 20% fat content- the mixture was wet when mixed and really juicy cooked.

Didnt add any stock but maybe should have as I was after something that tasted like Chicken, seems silly to say this but I really crave the light taste that grilled chicken has. But it tastes like it looks "Chicken"

The meat was frozen and I removed from the bone in that state, ground it almost frozen and kept the mixture as cold as I could. Cant remember if I washed the chicken before boning so could have had what ever on the skin I guess.

I agree Wheels that my choice of recipes wasnt the best, as a relative beginer we have eyes bigger that good common sense. The results we are looking for at most never realise in the true light of day. I had read countless recipes and did think at the time that it would be easy to adapt but as U say not the the best choice. Have learnt from it though and after eating the last of the batch resently I'm determined to get back in the saddle and do it right.

What I have done is downloaded the "Best Chicken" recipes from here and am at present selecting what I want to try and perfect.
I have a bad sense of taste at the best with recognising spices before and after cooking & I guess this affects what I produce. I have to be a follower as in recipes, so doing it the right way and staying to what someone has proven before is the best way to go. Also my parnter in life wants sausages that taste better than SBS (shop bought s---) and is expecting great things from the purchased equipment (mostly imported I add).
Sorry for the long winded post but its all here.... one shot :roll:

So I guess learnt the lesson - I have.

Any further assistance appreciated especially with the best U have in Chicken recipes.

cheers spudeye
Newbie but getting better.
spudeye
Registered Member

Chicken sausage

Postby BMII » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:44 am

Spudeye,the Bangermuncher chicken sausage recipe is mine,that's my old username.
You weren't very clear about which recipe you used.
If you used Wheels' it won't taste like chicken :D
That recipe is designed for pork and a very good one it is too.

My recipe I put together with herbs and spices that suit the meat and I can assure you they taste nothing like stuffing.
I use spices only to compliment the meat and only just enough so as not to overpower,I assure you mine taste like chicken :D
You don't need to add any fat,the chicken skin does that for you,and you should use a coarse grind.
Many meat cuts suffer in flavour from being ground.
Yes you can add chicken stock,not a bad idea,I add lamb stock(cube)to my lamb burgers and meatballs.
I don't have the faintest idea how I got that chicken sausage right first time but I don't plan to change it.
I did try some with tarragon but it didn't work for me.
Didn't taste like chicken :lol:
BMII
Registered Member

chicken sausages and the taste ?

Postby spudeye » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi All
Have shifted back home & have been busy re establishing and sorting out work etc.
Just about to get back to Sausage Making. Have missed the experience of home made & for sure its amazing how BAD shop bought stuff really are. There seems top be a prolific surge in speciality types around and these are semi nice but still taste full of crap. Can taste the chemicals or what ever they are using.
So has anyone further tried the BM11 Chicken Recipe, I'm sorting my gear for my next dabble and just wanted to see if there were anythings extra that I need to look at before trying the recipe.

:cry: wont have any trouble with cooking the results, just leave them outside and the bush fires ( pretty close by) will sort them out.

Anyways its great to be back in the land of the greatest losers in Cricket.
So look out for my silly questions again.
spudeye
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Spudeye - stay safe, those fires look awful.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby spudeye » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks Phil.
Pretty scary for sure, luckly we are a ways from most of the areas that have been alight so far. To those not used to this sort of thing, on the day its like being in a bloody oven with the wind and heat,, terrible.

We say our prays for the great people that risk their lives to save others, especially when some of the fires are on purpose light. Not these one though but we do get them.
Just before Xmas we had on just up the road which was light by soime 12yr olds.. little shites...

We have tpo live with it but it sours the mouth we U see life snuffed out by stupid acts..
Be good, we will try.
Graham Perth
spudeye
Registered Member

Re: Chicken sausages

Postby RehctubUK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum.
I have tried making this recipe in my shop in Wiltshire, I must say that they turned out a little heavy on the herbaceous side. However, I read on a later post about using chicken stock in place of water. This may prove advantageous in a the next batch. I will surely post my experience when the time comes!
RehctubUK
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. :D The suggestion to use chicken stock was mine, it's what I like to do in the chicken sausages I make (which are not herbaceous).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8246&p=73124&hilit=chicken+sausage#p73124

What type of shop do you have?
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby RehctubUK » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Thank you very much.
It's a butchers shop in the town centre, I am not the owner but the manager/head butcher.
It's British sausage week this week and I am really going for gold!
RehctubUK
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Welcome

You make also like these Chicken sausages with feta & spinach:

viewtopic.php?t=3924

I'm sure that there's a local cheese that could be used instead of Feta to add a local element.

HTH

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby RehctubUK » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Thanks Phil.
I also make a Branston and Cheddar sausage. Problem is, the skins always split while cooking. I think it's down to the cheese. Anyway. I digress. . .
RehctubUK
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes