small scale restaurant production facility

The place to swap commercial recipes, techniques etc.

small scale restaurant production facility

Postby chorizo royale » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey. I was excited to find this forum, and am looking forward to seeing what sort of input I can get.
I am an experienced chef, and I have made lots of sausage and charcuterie in the past, but it has never been the focus.
I am in the planning stage of a smallish (60 seat) restaurant which will feature a lot of sausage, and I am hoping for a little guidance with some of the specialized equipment. This is what I am planning on acquiring so far:
a hobart bowl chopper #8186 (is this appropriate for smooth textured forcemeats - liverwurst, mortadella, frankfurters?)
a grinder attachment for the above chopper - which size is appropriate?
a hobart mixer (I am thinking 30 quart, but possibly a 40. space is kind of tight.
a dick manual sausage stuffer - the 15 liter model. I may expand to electric at some point.

I am thinking I will be going through about 100# of sausages on a daily basis, with a rotating production schedule. There will be about 8-12 sausages on the menu, so obviously, everything will not all be prepped daily.

should I consider a dedicated mixer/grinder for batches which will probably not exceed 50#?

any thought will be appreciated.

thanks
chorizo royale
Newly Registered

Postby wheels » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Welcome

I'm afraid I can't be of much help with your questions as I neither operate commercially nor am I in the US so I don't know your equipment.

However, hopefully, this welcome will put your post back in the list where any of the forum members who operate commercially will see it and advise.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to For food service professionals, chefs, butchers etc.