Bradley smoker

Bradley smoker

Postby Shaun » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:13 am

I am considering buying a Bradley smoker "please Santa" Would this double up as a drying container for salami, biltong, sausages, ham ect. Not got round to making a biltong box yet and thought this would do two jobs in one.

Shaun.
Shaun
Registered Member

Postby aris » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:22 am

Franco thought that the biltong box design on my website - www.biltongbox.com - could double up as a salami curing device. Perhaps he could elaborate again.
aris
Site Admin

bradley smoker

Postby Franco » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:39 pm

I have not used my Bradley yet for salami but with a little thought it could be adapted to make it. The crucial part of salami making is to get the relative humidity(R/H) high (90%)in the first 24 hours, if you put a pan of water in the bottom of the smoker I am sure it will raise the R/H levels.

For the drying stages of the salami process the smoker can be used.

There is a forum for the Bradley smoker at

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/ they have posts on salami there.

franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby Shaun » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:56 pm

Got my Bradley Smoker today :D , cheepest on the net and delivered within 24 hours, Cheers Franco :) "cant wait to start playing" Will be doing all sorts of strange and wonerfull things with it and will post my adventures on this forum.

Shaun
Shaun
Registered Member

Postby Shaun » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:11 pm

I used my Bradley for the first time today. Nothing special just ribs and chicken but boy did they taste good. I smell a bit like a chimney sweep at the moment but well worth it. I advise anyone who can raise the funds to purchase one of these. :D

Shaun.
Shaun
Registered Member

Postby aris » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:37 pm

I'm considering one. Where exactly does one use the thing? Outdoors I presume, but it is electric - right? What about rain etc? Do you then need to store it indoors?
aris
Site Admin

Postby Shaun » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:16 am

Aris
They are disigned for outdoor use only. I used mine in my shed, no real health and safty issues here as long as you check every now and then, but it did stink the place out at first as there was alot of smoke generated. I'm going to knock up some kind of extraction device.
It would be easy to store indoors and use outside as it is very light, the problem being the good old british weather. Im sure you could Knock up some sort of canopy easaly enough, Having seen your biltong box skills :)

Shaun
Shaun
Registered Member

Postby Shaun » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:17 am

Franco
Where do you use your bradley, indoors or out :?:
Shaun
Registered Member

smoker

Postby Franco » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:46 am

I use it in the garage which has a small window in it, it does get a little smoky, if the weather is fine I use it outside.

franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby pjohn » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:52 am

pjohn
Registered Member

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:35 pm

MMmmm this sounds good I have been tempted for a while now to get one, and this is the cheapest site as Ive been round them all, just need that final push or convincing I would use it enough

Bradley Smoker

Postby Parson Snows » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:46 am

If you like smoked meats then for a final push check out what the butchers and delis charge for these items. When you get your breath back that should have done the trick.

kind regards

Parson Snows
Last edited by Parson Snows on Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Postby Wilf » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:23 pm

Yor right Parson I'm gonna have to get one next year, smoked food is premium prices in deli's, is the stainless the better option?
Wilf
Registered Member

stainless

Postby Franco » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:33 pm

The stainless smoker is exactly the same as the black Bradley apart from the exterior. If you are planning to keep the smoker outside permanently I would go for the stainless one otherwise the black one is fine.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby Robd » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:14 pm

Hi

I use mine in the garage aswell the mistake my Mrs made was to have the tumble dryer going at the same time we all smelt like Pikey's for three days!!!! bloody good laugh though love it.

Rob :lol:
Robd
Registered Member

Next

Return to Smoking and Barbecuing