Looking for a workshop to attend

Looking for a workshop to attend

Postby Kodiakman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 am

I recently moved to Eastern Pennslyvania and am looking for a sausage/charcuterie class to attend. I have searched intensely but appear to be wasting my efforts until I stumbled upon this community. I am impressed so far and really like what little I have read.

Hopefully someone out there has knowledge or can point me in the right direction to where I may attend such a workshop. My experience level in novice but I have dabbled a small amount in making fresh sausage. I would love to get some hands on, or at least eye level, training in further techniques. i am willing to drive some distance for this, and for multiple days.

Any help would be great. thanks.
Kodiakman
Newly Registered

Postby cryan1980 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 pm

Well if you hear of anything be sure to share the info! In eastern pa also but can't help :(
cryan1980
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:47 pm

I can't help Kodiakman 'cos I'm in the UK, but welcome to the forum anyway.

Phil :D :D
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby ericrice » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm

and I'm just outside philly and I haven't seen anythign in this area in the way of classes. There is lots of great info/knowledge on this site though and trial and error is how most of us continue to learn.
Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby JerBear » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:33 am

I've seen quite a few classes and I guess the question you'd have to ask yourself is how far you're willing to travel. I know that Iowa State's Meat Sciences has multi-day sessions from fresh sausages to curing. I think there are 4 or 5 seminars overall. There are some smaller butcher shops that have classes such as fresh sausage making or hog breakdown instructional. There's a butcher/charcuterie guy in DC that may have classes. Let me know more specifically you're looking for and I'll keep my eyes out.

Here's a link for Iowa meats: http://www.ans.iastate.edu/meatcourses/
JerBear
Registered Member

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.