Using brines turkey breast for a sausage

Recipes for all sausages

Using brines turkey breast for a sausage

Postby Greyham » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 am

Here we go, before i venture out into a cold sunday to feed pigs and check on latest litter of iron age pigs in my woodland, i am begininng to design a new turkey sausge this week
I have several brined turkey breast left now vac packed. (honey, cider, apple brine) i also have defrosted a 8kg turkey left over from christmas rush.
In the past i have made a turkey and candid cranberry bratwurst style sausage using pork back fat and belly.
Any one any suggestions for other turkey sausage recipes.
All ideas welcome
Greyham
BANNED

Re: Using brines turkey breast for a sausage

Postby wheels » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 pm

There's a nice one here somewhere for chicken, feta and spinach. Maybe do something similar with the fresh turkey and a local cheese? Or something with turkey, spinach and pine nuts?

Is the brined meat cure: as in a 'turkey ham'? If so, maybe use it in chunks in a 'luncheon meat' type sausage. Something like this:

http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Turkey%20Roll.pdf
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Greyham » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Hhhhm nicw idea, may try that one when i have a little more time and a bit more dexterity in healing thumb joint. too much butchery over last twenty years.
I like the spinach and cheese idea. i pick wild sea beet near to hear this time of year that would work. and i often use a soft ewes cheese for sausages made by a small producer near bath. might try that. Ta
keep em coming im still mulling
by the way the breasts have been lightly brined so will be mixed with fresh turkey thight breast and frozen skin
Greyham
BANNED

Postby NCPaul » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't have a recipe but I would suggest adding some reduced turkey stock to boost the turkey flavor with a bit of rusk to balance out the liquid. Poultry has a easily overwhelmed taste.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby wheels » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 pm

The more I read it back: the more I like the pine nut idea.
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Sausage Recipes