Looking for criticism / advice: goat/chicken merguez recipe

Recipes for all sausages

Re: Looking for criticism / advice: goat/chicken merguez rec

Postby Laripu » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:59 pm

NCPaul wrote:Spicy for sure. :D If it's not too much trouble, would you mind weighing everything when you make this?

I ordered a scale with 0.01g resolution, 0.02g accuracy, 500g capacity. Should be here soon, and I'll be able to weigh spices aaccurately.
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
Laripu
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:24 pm

:D :D :D

Just right for those cured meat projects!

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby Laripu » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 am

tristar wrote:I would love to see the quality of bind you are achieving, next time you cook some would you take some photographs of the inside of the sausage, just from a diagonal cut?

As promised. The red flecks are bits of sun-dried tomato and the green flecks are basil. I forgot to take a picture when it was raw, sorry. Chicken thighs, no extra oil or fat.

What's your opinion of the bind from this? My working hypothesis at this point is that it has to do with the density of the meat. The denser it is, the more fat you need to reduce the density. Beef is denser than pork which is denser than chicken. So beef needs the most fat. This is only a hypothesis, and is falsifiable by experiment. I look forward to the results of others. :D

From a mouth-feel point of view, they were fine. And they tasted really good tonight. :D
Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen. - Heinrich Heine.
Laripu
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Sausage Recipes