Can NOT find Heller Seasoning recipe HELP

Recipes for all sausages

Can NOT find Heller Seasoning recipe HELP

Postby draysgpa » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:40 am

We use to purchase a Heller's sausage seasoning that I believe was called Heller "locker pork special" it came in a 50lb batch size and can no longer find it anywhere or a list of the ingredients, let alone any reference to this seasoning. Does anyone know where we can find it, has the name changed or what the ingredients were. I may be incorrect in the exact title but I know I am very close. Just in case I am wrong it was a sage seasoning that we mixed in our bulk ground pork. Thank you for any help with this we really appreciate it.......
draysgpa
Newly Registered

Re: Can NOT find Heller Seasoning recipe HELP

Postby vagreys » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Have you tried contacting Heller, directly? They're called Heller Seasonings and Ingredients. Did you try an internet search? If you search on "Heller locker pork special", it comes up on the first try. :roll:

It's called "Locker Special Pork Sausage w/AO", available in 50 lb bags from Nassau Foods, Inc., of Brooklyn Park, MN. Ingredients: Salt, Dextrose, Red Pepper, Extractives of Clove, Sage, Capsicum, BHA (0.07%), BHT (0.07%), Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate and Soybean Oil added to prevent caking. Use: 0.50# seasoning per 25# finished product.

The Nassau Foods catalog on their website is a year out of date, and their Facebook page is two years out of date, so I don't know if they are still around, but their website is still up. You could also call Heller and find out about the seasoning, if it was discontinued, who distributes it, and if you can get it directly from Heller.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Return to Sausage Recipes