Overspiced Bratwurst

Recipes for all sausages

Overspiced Bratwurst

Postby snagman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 pm

I have made the wonderful Coburger Bratwurst a number of times. This time, who knows why, for the spices, instead of adding 3.15 g for three of them, I added 4.95 g. I tried in vain to blame the calculator. The result is a very strong, very salty ( that is the one additive I got right ) almost inedible snag. Darn it !
Since I can't be the only sausage maker to do this, I am seeking redemption from the forum. I thought of adding more meat to dilute the flavours. The mix has already absorbed the spices, would thw added meat quantity be able to extract and modify the result ? I doubt that. What say you dear snagmakers ?

Gus
snagman
Registered Member

Re: Overspiced Bratwurst

Postby DanMcG » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:44 am

You could try but I don't think it would work well.
Maybe slice them up and add them to a soup?
DanMcG
Registered Member

Re: Overspiced Bratwurst

Postby X86BSD » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:45 pm

I’m not sure this has any real contribution to your dilemma, but in kitchens when someone over salts something it’s pretty much done. Toss it and start over. The *only* way I’ve ever learned to remotely salvage something over salted, like soups, is to toss in potatoes. That’s the only ingredient I’ve ever been told to use to have any chance of saving something over salted. I’m not sure how this applies to your mix but it’s an FYI for future mistakes maybe.
X86BSD
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes