Toulouse stuffed chicken with prosciutto

Recipes for all sausages

Toulouse stuffed chicken with prosciutto

Postby ComradeQ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:27 am

Been a while my friends, hope everyone is well and safe!

A little fun experiment that turned out very very good! Whipped up a small batch of toulouse sausage using Len Poli's recipe here http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Fre ... ulouse.pdf. Only had 500gr of fatty pork butt on hand that was left from a previous sausage making expedition.

After making the sausage I pounded out two chicken breasts to a nice even rectangle shape. Rolled the sausage into a log, sprinkled the chicken with transglutaminase (meat glue) and wrapped it all up so the chicken was on the outside of the sausage. Seasoned the chicken well with S&P then spinkled the outside with some more transglutaminase and rolled in some prosciutto I had laid out on some plastic wrap. Wrapped the whole thing in plastic wrap nice and tight in a log shape and refrigerated overnight.

Next day I heated my sous vide to 145°F and vacuum packed the chicken wrapped in plastic and then in for a 3.5 hour bath. Removed, unwrapped, then seared on medium/high heat until the outside was crisp, no more than a few minutes.

Served with some lentils du puy it made a very delicious meal! I will be doing this again, the meat was insanely juicy!

ComradeQ
Registered Member

Re: Toulouse stuffed chicken with prosciutto

Postby DanMcG » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:02 am

That looks Great!
DanMcG
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:09 pm

Great job! :D Do you think it would hold together without transglutaminase?
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby ComradeQ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

NCPaul wrote:Great job! :D Do you think it would hold together without transglutaminase?

I would think it would be pretty good without, the myosin development in the sausage should bind decently with the chicken. I had a little left over that was passed the expiry date so I used it up to be sure but I very much think you could do this without.
ComradeQ
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes