Recipe Ideas

Recipes for all sausages

Recipe Ideas

Postby P38IRL » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:26 pm

Hello Gents,

Im killing 2 pigs in the coming weeks. they are 3 year old are breed gilts. One is an Oxford Sandy Black, the other is a Large Black. The large black gives a lot of good back fat so intend putting it to good use. I will be collecting them form the butcher and doing everything myself as usual, my normal go to stuff is

Back Bacon (Dry Cured)
Some big chops,
Dry Cured Belly Bacon
Shoulders - normally go for some roasting joints or sausage making
Salami & Chorizo

One problem is im going to have 4 massive legs, I have tried a few times drying a leg but ive lost a few to the climate here in Ireland. So ill invest 1 leg for air drying say. Open to suggestion, maybe some leg stages or roasting jointed? I still have 1/2 a smoked and wet cured ham in the freezer from christmas and that was fantastic.
P38IRL
Registered Member

Re: Recipe Ideas

Postby wheels » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Maybe try noix de Jambon - individual leg muscles cured and air dried - far less chance of things going wrong.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby NCPaul » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:28 am

Krakowska sausage would use nice pieces of ham meat but you would need to be able to do the smoking. A roasted fresh ham with a nice glaze on it is a treat but you would need a crowd to help eat it.
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby P38IRL » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:50 pm

NCPaul wrote:A roasted fresh ham with a nice glaze on it is a treat but you would need a crowd to help eat it.

yeah, arent many crowds these days :roll:

i want to get some whopper jumbo sausages going that will be amazing on a BBQ, something like a garlic basil and sundried tomato, or will go really well in a toad in the hole or a sausage stew
P38IRL
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes