sausage making receipes

Recipes for all sausages

sausage making receipes

Postby mevisblair » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:18 am

franco,
can you please tell me what this means i cant understand lbs and oz iam used using kgs.and what is this mace and msg are these also spices no idea . i know the rest of the spices.and i want to know how many grams of spices per kg of meat i can use when making old english sausage.i want to try this any help please.and how much water can i put in a kg of meat.in africa we are used using kgs and grams.
mevis
mevisblair
Registered Member

Answers

Postby Parson Snows » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:03 am

Mevisblair

You wrote
i cant understand lbs and oz iam used using kgs

Miscellaneous Information

1 oz = 28.349 52 g
1 lb = 0.453 592 4 kg
1 kg = 2.204 622 476 lbs

You wrote
what is this mace and msg are these also spices no idea

For spices check this link
The Cook's Thesaurus is a cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions
http://www.foodsubs.com/SpiceUniv.html

This information taken from Handbook of Herbs and Spices
Edited by: Peter, K.V. � 2001 Woodhead Publishing

For information on MSG check this link
http://www.msgfacts.com/facts/msgfacts.html

You wrote
i want to know how many grams of spices per kg of meat i can use when making old english sausage.

Use however much spice you like, though I would suggest that you try it as per the original recipe first, fry a small test sample/patty and adjust as/if required. As a rough guide use 15 g of spice mix per kilo of sausage.

You wrote
how much water can i put in a kg of meat

For the water, opinions vary from 3 % up to 20 %, again I would suggest that you use the water at the level in the original first (370 ml + 30 ml fresh lime/lemon juice which works out approx. 13 %). Note: make sure that the water is CHILLED/ICE COLD potable/unchlorinated water. ie bottled water etc. If in doubt boil it first then chill down to nearly freezing.

ONCE MADE THEY SHOULD BE KEPT OVERNIGHT BEFORE EATING.

Hope that this is of some use to you

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

sausagemaking receipes

Postby mevisblair » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:05 pm

Thank you parson ,
i followed your instractions and it worked.my sausages come out nicely the first day i made them my kids didnt like them so the following day the sausages tested nice and every body loves them es.you didnt say any thing about this mace is it a spice . can i use vinger as msg or lemon.
mevis
mevisblair
Registered Member

Mace and MSG

Postby Parson Snows » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:22 pm

mevisblair

Glad that the information helped and that your sausages worked out.

you wrote
you didnt say any thing about this mace is it a spice . can i use vinger as msg or lemon.

Go to my previous post and CLICK ON the links they will take you to the appropriate pages.

kind regards

Parson Snows
Heavenly Father Bless us
And keep us all alive
There's ten around the table
And food enough for five... Amen
Parson Snows
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:31 pm

mevisblair MSG or monosodium glutamate is similar to salt as mono means single and sodium is a chemical type salt belongs to. The flavour effect of MSG is similar to salt but more intense.

A very small proportion of the population are allergic to it. I would say do not use vinegar or lemon to replace MSG.
Oddley
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes