Recipe for a good dry fermented salami

Recipes for all sausages

Recipe for a good dry fermented salami

Postby chuckb01 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:30 pm

I haven't posted here for a long time and the answers to my questions may even be right in front of me somewhere so excuse me if I'm just wasting space.
I have been making various kinds of sausage at home for about 10 years. I also have been trying to duplicate a sausage my dad used to bring home once in a while and so far no success. It is basicly a dry, aged, fermented salami. I have made several batches of dry cured hard salami and dry cured genoa salami as in "Great Sausage Recipes And Meat Curing" book. If anyone is familar with it. The taste was not quite the same. And I like to get it really dry, (about 3 months), and if I get it to dry, it is to salty because of course the salt does not evaporate. That I can fix. I did make some recipes I found on the Internet using Bactoferm LHP-DRY. and also used a solution of Bactoferm M-EK-4 mold culture on the outside. I was very careful with measuring the ingredients. All I can say is WOW, it really had a potent smell and I trashed it. It may have been okay but it didn't have the Ba--s to try it. The closest taste and texture I have found to this sausage is "Italian Dry Salame (Bianco D'Oro) made by Boar's Head here in the U.S. Does anyone have a good recipe I can try that would compare to the Boar's Head recipe, if you have tried it? I'm not getting any younger and I'm getting desperate. Well, not real desperate but i would really like to make a good batch for once. Thank you :) :?
A Wet Duck Never Flies At Night
chuckb01
Registered Member

Return to Sausage Recipes