Resources in Spain/Spanish

Re: Resources in Spain/Spanish

Postby EnriqueB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:21 am

Yes, that was the first link two messages above! I think the link also appears in a "Chistorra" thread in the forum.

I'm not expert to judge the fine details, but yes, I think it is pretty good. The recipes I know of or can compare with others seem real, proved ones, and it is one of the very few sources that includes curing salts in the recipe, plus clear specifications of the communition and curing processes required, including the temperature, humidity and time profile. Not something you will find in most of the other sources...
EnriqueB
Registered Member

Re: Resources in Spain/Spanish

Postby EnriqueB » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:29 am

Rodrigo Mestre. Guía de los embutidos de España. Ed. Plaza&Janés, 1998. Out-of-print

Tittle translation: "Guide of Spanish cold meats"

I have just received this book a few minutes ago, delivered from a second-hand book shop. The tittle looked promising, but at a first glance it is not very useful. It provides the process basics but without much detail, and not much science to back it up. Then proceeds to list Spanish charcuterie specialties by region, which is nice, but does not seem either comprehensive nor detailed. No recipes are given. It provides some hints for a few products, such as "Raw butifarra uses 60% magro and 40% fatback", but mostly are just named. I have to read it in detail as sure it provides some useful info (will review here if my impression changes), but at first sight not a great resource.
EnriqueB
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.