Charcutier. Salumiere. Wurstmeister.

Charcutier. Salumiere. Wurstmeister.

Postby vagreys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Charcutier. Salumiere. Wurstmeister. is a new book from Francois Paul-Armand Vecchio. I had a chance to read a draft copy of the text, and I was captivated, even reading it in MS Word. Looking forward to Vecchio teaches charcuterie and butchery classes and workshops in his backyard studio, in California, and and elsewhere. Available, now, from Amazon, and you can look inside, first. There is a companion DVD, sold separately, called The Art and Philosophy of Producing Quality Pork Products by Kirk Goldberg.

http://www.amazon.com/Charcutier-Salumiere-Wurstmeister-Francois-Paul-Armand/dp/0615720846/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391880694&sr=1-1&keywords=charcutier.+salumiere.+wurstmeister

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Charcutier-Salumiere-Wurstmeister-Francois-Paul-Armand/dp/0615720846/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391880830&sr=8-1&keywords=vecchio+charcutier
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Re: Charcutier. Salumiere. Wurstmeister.

Postby NCPaul » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:42 pm

This one looks really good to me, did the recipes look solid?
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby BriCan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:54 pm

I have the book Paul, have only really glanced at a couple of recipes (the ones I am familiar with) look solid enough but ....................
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby NCPaul » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:56 pm

Ordered. :D
Fashionably late will be stylishly hungry.
NCPaul
Site Admin

Postby BriCan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:29 pm

I will await your report with abated breath ...

I am in 15 pages (thirty if you count two sides .. ) my only hope is that when I get to page 46 (which looks to be the start of (maybe) the purpose of the book it will grip me ... as of now I feel like I want to disregard the beginning altogether ... please understand I love the history of the craft but I find this part of the book/format boring ... nothing to sink your/my teeth into :(

It might be just me as I am in a constant search for something better ... others may/might find it better

Just my two cents .. sorry to sound so negative :oops:
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:59 am

I found the discussion of styles of charcutiers from different regions and countries informative. What they have in common, and what they do differently. My perspective is a little different than yours, though, Robert; as a food historian I find discussions of history and style interesting. Given how little material there is, out there, I'm just happy to have some choices!
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Postby BriCan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:27 am

That was my point, to me it was so short (the discussion of styles of charcutiers from different regions and countries) I totally agree with you .. as you say, there is very little out on the web let alone books which is/was why I was hoping for more

Once again to one and all sorry if I seem negative .. it was that I was looking for more (history; the whys and wherefores) and felt that I had missed the first quarter of the course -- much akin to braking a side of pork without explaining why it is done this way

Make any sense or am I just digging myself deeper in a hole :?:

I think for right now I will withdraw from the arena and concentrate on trying to survive
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.