The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat

The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat

Postby BriCan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:07 am

This ones on my list to get

The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat: How to Source it Ethically, Cut it Professionally, and Prepare it Properly (with CD) Hardcover by Cole Ward (Author) , Karen Coshof (Author)

Quote from Amazon:
Vermont-based master butcher Cole Ward delivers a comprehensive guide to whole-animal butchery that goes beyond conventional “do-it-yourself” books and takes readers inside the world of truly sustainable meat production. The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat demystifies the process of getting meat to the table, and its wide scope will be welcome to those who not only wish to learn the rudiments of butchery, but also want to understand how meat animals are raised, slaughtered, and marketed in a holistic system that honors both animals and consumers.

Written in Cole’s unique voice of humor and simplicity, the book celebrates the traditional art of culinary butchery, introducing readers to stand-out butchers in America and Europe as well as a diverse group of farmers committed to raising the very best animals with respect.

The many methods of raising and finishing meat animals are clearly and thoroughly explained and compared, and sensitive issues like hormone and antibiotic use in meat production are assessed. Readers will learn all the terminology associated with meat and butchery, as well as the complexities of meat grading, carcass yield, marbling scores, and issues with inspection.

http://www.amazon.com/Gourmet-Butchers- ... to+Meat%22
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Re: The Gourmet Butcher's Guide to Meat

Postby DanMcG » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks, I need to put this one on the list too.
DanMcG
Registered Member

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.