polish sausage book

polish sausage book

Postby grant » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Polish Sausages - book‏
Sent: 02 October 2007 18:41:38
To: amarians@tampabay.rr.com
Polish Sausages is probably the only written book that provides original sausage recipes and factory floor step by step instructions on making them. It is like revealing the most treasured internal secrets and recipes to the world at large. And this is exactly what we have done: we have revealed sausage recipes and instructions on their making which have been strictly guarded for generations.

Search inside the book: http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/polish-sausages.htm

Looks very good, if not a bit expensive.

Kind regards,

Grant
grant
Registered Member

polish sausage book

Postby TonyE » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:35 am

Hi Grant

I found details of this book through Len Poli's Web site. I really like the book, but like yourself found it a bit expensive. In principle I do not mind spending �20.00 on a book, as I am sure there is a great deal of reseach gone into it. However I would like to get hold of a copy, or some advise before I buy.

If you know of anybody who has a copy, or you can personaly recomment this book, please let me know

Regards - TonyE
TonyE
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:24 am

The price probably represents the costs of the small initial print run for such a niche title.
aris
Site Admin

polish sausage book

Postby TonyE » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 am

Hi Aris

I am sure you are spot-on there, with regard to the size of the print run, reflected in the cost. I wonder if anybody on this forum has a copy.

Regards - Tony
TonyE
Registered Member

Postby sausagejoe » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 am

I just purchased the book. It is informative but I think if you go to the internet site http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/polish-sausages.htm many of the recippes are published.
Kutas's book have many of the same recipes. The combination of the two books gives one a good backround in making sausage.
joe b
sausagejoe
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:40 pm

If anyone is ever looking to self publish anything - check out www.lulu.com - a most impressive service, and it costs you zero to publish.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Bad Flynch » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:57 am

There is a paperback edition which Amazon.com sells for USD 19.95. That is more reasonable.
B.F.
Bad Flynch
Registered Member

Postby Bad Flynch » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:12 pm

Well, my copy came from Amazin'.com in what I would consider record time for standard shipping.

For what I have had time to read so far, I like the book. A friend of mine, a Polish immigrant and his wife, started a Polish restaurant here in Oklahoma. One of their complaints was that the local population did not like real Polish sausage. It seems the local population likes the everyday mass-produced stuff.

Well, this lady makes a wonderful Sauerkraut Soup with Polish sausage in it and now I can make some good Polish sausage and try it. BTW, Sauerkraut soup is really good soup.
B.F.
Bad Flynch
Registered Member

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.