Which would you choose?

Postby vagreys » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Certainly possible. This list was a brief review of some of the more common/popular titles, I've got more books on sausage and curing, and I'm sure there are many others out there that other members have seen or collected. I'm sure we could assemble a pretty good book list by strength. Too bad we can't do tables in this version of phpBB.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Postby JerBear » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:38 am

For the Marianski books I'd recommend the Home Production book as i've seen a great deal of duplicate information from it in the other books. I haven't gone so far as to compare the recipes but I feel a smidge taken advantage of. That said, I understand how some of the basics might need to be repeated per title.

I've only made a couple recipes from the Rytek book but they were both really good. Definitely recommended.

Great idea Wheels...
JerBear
Registered Member

Bruce Aidell

Postby This Little Piggy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 pm

I would second the recommendation of Bruce Aidell's Complete Sausage Book for anyone who's particularly keen on sausages.

The book has its limitations (recipes are for small batches, quantities are by measure rather than weight, and he's short on technique), but he covers a wide range of sausage styles from around the world, and his seasonings make for interesting and delicious sausages. I've yet to be disappointed by any recipe I've tried!
"Nothing exceeds like excess."

<a href="http://www.thislittlepiggy.us" target="_blank">This Little Piggy's blog</a>
This Little Piggy
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Books,videos,manuals etc.