Racist hen

Keeping pigs or any other animals

Racist hen

Postby Sam Newman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:51 am

So funny. I have a racist hen.
Three days ago, two of my hens had a batch of chicks. Mixed colour. I threw their food all in 1 spot so they could eat together and introduce themselves to eachother. All the chicks got mixed up. When the food was gone and it was time to follow mother hen again, all the black chicks went off with miss hen, the older speckly mum and all the white ones went off with the black mum. Now miss hen won't have anything to do with the white chicks despite the fact that half of them were hers. If a white chick comes near her, she pecks it on the head.
Miss hen, you have some race issues. :lol:
You can lead a dog to water, but you can't make him a horse.
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Location: Raetea Forest, Maungataniwha Ranges, Far North of Aotearoa New Zealand

Postby grisell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:24 am

My parents had a dog that barked at black people. Sometimes it could be quite embarassing.
André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby Sam Newman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:24 pm

One of our dogs likes to bark at little girls wearing pink. Must be a big threat. :lol:
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Location: Raetea Forest, Maungataniwha Ranges, Far North of Aotearoa New Zealand

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 am

My dog almost came out of the truck the other day when he saw two muslim women wearing the burka dress. It upset him terribly.
Patience please, I'm just trying to get on the learning curve.
Jogeephus
Registered Member

Postby Sam Newman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 am

My dogs are always suspisious of people wearing hoodied shirts. Must be because they are hiding their face.
The funny thing about my hen only liking the "all black" chicks, is that the New Zealand rugby team just won the world cup. Our teams name is the ALL BLACKS. Miss hen seems to be a loyal supporter.
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Postby RodinBangkok » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 am

Sam, I thought you were baiting for a Rugby comment....till you let the cat out of the bag! What a final that was!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
_____

Rod
RodinBangkok
Registered Member

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 pm

What's Rugby? :wink:
Patience please, I'm just trying to get on the learning curve.
Jogeephus
Registered Member

Postby Sam Newman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Great game alright. Really enjoyd it. The only thing I don't like about rugby is that the coverage takes over all the sport. For example, we have a young girl Avalon Biddle winning many of her races in under 250cc motorcycle racing. She is beating the boys in her field too. Where's the support for her? We are so focussed on rugby that a lot of NZ tallent goes unnoticed. Sad.
All chickens have survived so far, despite mozzimos earlier comments knocking me for feeding them the maggots falling from rotton possum carcases hanging from the tree. I have good pest management. That's what I do Mossi. My animals are the healthyest happiest I know of. Summertime is just around the corner now, so I have been hard out clearing and burning the noctious tree weeds on the riverbank whyle it's still wet enough to have a fire of that size. Also making nice paths with steps and a private fernery with a bbq area by the waterfall. Getting it ready for swimming in the river season. Yak the goat is doing a wonderful job eatting where the garden is going to go. Can't wait for those fresh tomatoe soups! :D
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Postby Dogfish » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:51 pm

I have a friend who had a Capuchin monkey (lived to 28 years old) that hated men with beards and would throw poop, rocks, and whatever else was handy at them hard enough that it would break windows.
Dogfish
Registered Member

Postby Sam Newman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:38 am

Dogfish wrote:I have a friend who had a Capuchin monkey (lived to 28 years old) that hated men with beards and would throw poop, rocks, and whatever else was handy at them hard enough that it would break windows.
:!: That's bloody awesome! Thanks for sharing. I would love to have a Capuchin monkey to help me possum hunting. hahaha.
Sam Newman
Registered Member

Return to Livestock