Belly Pork on the BBQ

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Postby saucisson » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:06 am

Wow wee!!! absolutely gorgeous, thanks for the recipe.

Dave
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby jenny_haddow » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:29 am

Gorgeous sums it up! I cooked it a couple of weeks ago for the first time and again last week. I had some left so I put it through the slicer when cold and made great sandwiches.
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Josh » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:23 am

I did some belly on the BBQ this weekend. I gave it a dry rub and then cooked it over indirect heat on the Weber kettel, topping up the coals with a few briquettes an hour and chucking on handfuls of wet mesquite wood every so often.

The rub I used was a tablespoon each of chilli powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, white pepper and sugar along with 2 tablespoons of salt and half a tablespoon each of cayenne and ground cumin.

This belly was cooked for about 6 hours.

And here's a link to a bigger photo if you're interested in more detail

http://70.87.200.211/uploads/810244130-0.JPG
Josh
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:55 am

Josh, that looks quite spectacular, it must have tasted wonderful.

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Josh » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:00 am

It was pretty tasty. A heavy smoke taste, lots of flavour and heat from the rub and lovely and tender from the 6 hours cooking. I'd only intended to cook it for 4 hours and thought I had but when my girlfriend phoned up that evening asking when I was coming around (I was a tad later than I'd said I'd be) we worked out my watch battery was knackered and so it had lost two hours over the course of the day and so the pork cooking time had gained about that much.
Josh
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Cookery in general