Who wants to learn...

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Who wants to learn...

Postby Stoverus » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi,
I was thinking about creating a topic and see if you would like to learn a little Icelandic tounge, since I'm from Iceland and I live there I can teach you a few words and sentence, I speak Icelandic but I have to write english here for you to understand me. :)
I'm just gonna' check how many want to learn and I'll teach you something, you can also come with words from english or sentence and I can translate them to Icelandic and teach you ;)
Now who wants to learn a new language? ;)
Stoverus
Newly Registered

Postby Spuddy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:46 pm

J�, bara til skemmtunar. :D
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby Patricia Thornton » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:33 am

It might be interesting to learn what kind of sausages you make in Iceland and give us the benefit of a translation into Icelandic at the same time.

Lots of members of the forum are interested in fish and smoked foods; living where you do I should think you'd be able to tell us quite a lot about these subjects as well.

With the exception of some really good smoked salmon and beautiful thick wool sweaters (we mustn't go into the 'Cod Wars'), I for one, have to admit to almost total ignorance of your country. Enlighten us.
Patty
Patricia Thornton
Registered Member

Postby vagreys » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:10 pm

Hmm...do you know Nana Ragnavaldsdottir? She's written a couple of cookbooks on Icelandic recipes. We were at a food conference, together, and had a fascinating conversation. She told me about the last tree on her family farm dying, and how the whole community gathered to grieve over its loss. She also spoke of learning how to pound dry fish to soften it up, on the "fish rock" that had been outside her house for generations.

I, for one, would be very interested in learning about Icelandic.
- tom

Don't tell me the odds.

You have the power to donate life
vagreys
Site Admin

Return to Cookery in general