Courgettes

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Courgettes

Postby Topdog » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:12 am

Hi, I have a glut of Courgettes this year and I have no idea what to do with them, so if there are any ideas and recipes I would be very grateful.
Mike
As ye sow So shall ye reap
Topdog
Registered Member

Courgettes

Postby TonyE » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Hi Mike

I am also growing Cougettes this year,as yet my crop is small and manageable. However one year I was inundated and I had more than I knew what to do with.

I approached a small grocer shop, and asked if they would buy my surplus, which he did. Or perhaps you could exchange the cougettes for something else you want with a grocer or market stallholder.

I found a recipe for courgette and potato rosti somewhere on the net!!! something about grating the two together, squeezing out the excess water, and forming them into rosti's then frying them. How many Rosti's can you eat????

How about approaching local Hotels, and restaurants it might be worth a try

I would be interested in what you decide - Good Luck

Regards - TonyE
TonyE
Registered Member

Postby georgebaker » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi
try the local farm shop. A swap may be more interest to them than a sale.

I had a big box of quinces I tried to swap last year but no one seemed to know what to do with them

Gave a few away as a "come on" in the farmers market and think I have a stall holder who is interested in swapping this year, she does duck eggs and potatoes so I should have some luck (If the tree does its job)

George
georgebaker
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general