Fresh Pasta

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Fresh Pasta

Postby lemonD » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:04 pm

I haven't made it for a while, I remember when I had some left over I tried to dry it which ended up very brittle, any ideas why?
Does anyone have the pasta attachment for the Kenwood Chef? Does it work ?

LD
lemonD
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:44 pm

I never got homemade pasta to keep, so always used it the same day. I have a Kenwood pasta maker attachment, do you want to make me an offer for it :D

It works OK, but I prefer using the old fashioned hand crank jobby if I'm going to make the effort to make fresh pasta.

You don't need to make a very big offer, just whatever SWmBO might let me get away with :)

Dave
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby jenny_haddow » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:05 am

I use the pasta making attachment for the Kenwood and find it simple to use. I also use a drying rack to hang it over just to stiffen it up. I think it cooks better and is easier to handle if you let it dry a bit. I don't make up large quantities as I think fresh pasta should be fresh, but I have kept some wrapped and in the fridge for a week.
If you leave it to dry out completely I would expect it to become very brittle, but I've never left it that long. Also I would be concerned about keeping it too long uncooked because of the egg content. However, if you like using attachments, this one is fun to use and produces good spaghetti.

HTH

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general