Liver & bacon in red wine sauce...............luvverly!!

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Liver & bacon in red wine sauce...............luvverly!!

Postby finby0 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:57 pm

Chop up an onion, a leek, a red pepper, and a few stalks of celery. Fry in a large saucepan until just tender (7-10 mins). Add your chopped bacon. Add a tea mug (half to threequarter of a pint) of beef stock (Iuse 2 oxo cubes) and allow to simmer slowly.
Coat the liver in flour and fry off in a little olive oil (I cut my liver into bits a little smaller than a cigarette packet and remove the tubes and stringy bits - the dog gets these LOL). Add to the simmering stew and add about 75cl red wine. Allow to simmer for about 30 mins or until the liver is cooked and the veg tender. At this stage the sauce should begin to thicken nicely. 5 mins before serving (in a nest of mashed potatoes which I forgot to mention LOL) add a good handful of chopped parsley and six or seven cherry toms cut in half.
There will be sauce left over. Pass this through a sieve to make a bootiful rich gravy to have with yer sausage and mash the next night. Voila!! :lol:
finby0
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general