Filling

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Filling

Postby welsh wizard » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:32 am

I uase an electric sausage maker and when I have finished filling there is a residue of meat left inside the filler that I cannot get into the skins because there is no downward pressure to push the last 4oz or so of meat through - any advice?

At the moment I just make the 4oz into a burger and eat it that way, but when you are producing a limited amount of special sausages it would be nice to put them all to bed.
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:41 am

Everyone has this problem - and most peope do as you do - just make a buger patty or something.

One thing you can do is put stale bread in your mincer, and have that push through the rest of the meat.
aris
Site Admin

Postby sausagemaker » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:42 am

One way that Oddley uses I seem to remember from an earlier post is that he uses a wooden handled spoon to force the last re-maining bits from the tube into the skin.
I like you tend to make a burger & eat it, Sausagemaker's privilege if you like, this way you get double your share, yummy.

regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

last bit

Postby Franco » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:21 am

In the electric mincers I always put a handful of ice through last, it pushes through the last bit of meat and also helps clean the worm and chamber.

Franco
Franco
Site Admin

Postby aris » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:03 am

Isn't the ice a bit harsh on the blades?
aris
Site Admin

Return to Cookery in general