Buffalo wings

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Buffalo wings

Postby Zulululu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:41 am

I am looking for a Bufflo wings sauce recipe blue cheese with a bite my son loves them and has asked me to make some.
No one knows more than all of us.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Postby DanMcG » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:46 am

For a dipping sauce try something like this Zu,
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 ounces blue cheese
1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
1/2 teaspoon salt

Toss it all into a food processor till it's creamy. then add some additinal small chunks of cheese if you like.
Some people use yogurt for the base, but I prefer the sour cream.
DanMcG
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi Zulululu,

This is not exactly what you are after, but this is the best chicken wing recipe I have ever tasted. I got it off the net somewhere and changed it to my taste.

Chicken Wings in Teriyaki Sauce

Ingredients:
2 kg chicken wings
olive oil
salt + pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 bottle Kikkosan Teriyaki sauce
about 3 Tbs brown sugar
¾ inch fresh ginger (stick whizzed with a little water)
2 garlic cloves, (stick whizzed with a little water)
2 Tbs Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)

Method:
Wash the chicken and pat dry then cut off the wing tips (either discard or keep to make chicken stock). Now cut each wing at the joint to make two sections, then season all the wing parts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the wings in the oven gas mark 9 for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is brown.

In a wok heat a small amount of vegetable oil to very hot, add the whizzed gallic and ginger then add the onion. Cook until onion is translucent. Add rice wine, cook for a couple of minutes to boil off alcohol, add Teriyaki sauce and brown sugar. Boil down until sticky then add wings, turn until well coated.
Being right, only comes from being wrong.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby Zulululu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks Dan and Oddley will test both out.Something about rice wine and ginger together I use it in my sweet and sour sauce have to watch the fingers when you eat that stuff.
No one knows more than all of us.
Zulululu
Registered Member

Postby Big Guy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:40 pm

Try this one, its good

Buffalo Wings

Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce is vinegary and not terribly spicy. Combine this sauce with a more potent hot sauce, such as Tabasco, to give the wings the proper heat. Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer

4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, plus more to taste
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1?2 quarts peanut oil, for frying
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
18 chicken wings (about 3 pounds), wingtips removed and remaining wings separated into 2 parts at the joint
4 stalks celery, cut into thin sticks
2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks

1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the hot sauces, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Heat 2 1/2 inches of oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat to 360 degrees. While the oil heats, mix together the cayenne, black pepper, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Dry the chicken with paper towels and place in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the wings and toss with a rubber spatula until evenly coated. Fry half the chicken wings until golden and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the fried chicken wings to the baking sheet. Keep this first batch warm in the oven while frying the remaining wings.
3. Pour the sauce mixture in a large bowl, add the chicken wings, and toss until the wings are uniformly coated. Serve immediately with the carrot and celery sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing on the side.
Big Guy
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general