Finally, a pizza base I am happy with

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Postby wheels » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 pm

QED :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by wheels on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby mitchamus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 pm

:D :D

some people drink beer at room temperature too!! - :lol:

the toppings are the least of the problems..

if your making anything that's not in a wood fired oven.. and not a VPN recipe.

then it's just not pizza..

VPN FAQ is here:
http://www.fornobravo.com/vera_pizza_napoletana/VPN_faq.html
mitchamus
Registered Member

Postby penllawen » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 am

My opinion is that you can go too far down the authenticity rabbit-hole. What matters is tasty food, not that your pizza (or whatever) adheres to some rather arbitrary standard based on the limited ingredients peasants had access to two hundred years ago.

Which isn't to say I don't enjoy a good pizza with a hand-stretched artisan crust and fresh, simple ingredients; most of my home-made pizzas are cut from this cloth (as near as I can manage without a wood-fired oven, anyway). But there is also room in my heart for over-cheesed Chicago deep-dish monstrosities topped with all manner of spicy charcuterie and random stuff like pineapple or sweetcorn. In fact, after a few too many glasses of wine taking the edge off my palate, I'd probably pick the latter!
My food blog: Objection: Salad!
Twitter: @penllawen
penllawen
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:29 pm

penllawen wrote:But there is also room in my heart for over-cheesed Chicago deep-dish monstrosities topped with all manner of spicy charcuterie and random stuff like pineapple or sweetcorn. In fact, after a few too many glasses of wine taking the edge off my palate, I'd probably pick the latter!

I tend to agree, but it's so much more exciting knowing that it's a 'guilty' pleasure! :lol: :lol: :lol:
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby johnfb » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:12 pm

wheels wrote:
penllawen wrote:But there is also room in my heart for over-cheesed Chicago deep-dish monstrosities topped with all manner of spicy charcuterie and random stuff like pineapple or sweetcorn. In fact, after a few too many glasses of wine taking the edge off my palate, I'd probably pick the latter!

I tend to agree, but it's so much more exciting knowing that it's a 'guilty' pleasure! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnfb
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Cookery in general