Whaler's Beef

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Postby Massimo Maddaloni » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 pm

saucisson wrote: So whose post(s) did display utter disrespect to hunting? This thread has been discussing the commercial harvesting of wild animals. That isn't hunting.

Oh, I see, it's getting into a sophisticated and arabesqued use of dialectics. Quite fascinating, but ... sorry, ain't gonna get there.
Regards
Massimo
Massimo Maddaloni
No one knows more than all of us (quoted from Zulululu)
Massimo Maddaloni
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 pm

I haven't the faintest idea why you got upset in the first place and that post makes me even more confused. Could you explain in simple words what you are trying to say?

Thanks,

Dave
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby wheels » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Me too. I'm sorry Massimo, I'm seeing lots of words, but not in sequences that I can understand.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Whaler beef

Postby dorsets21 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:41 pm

This is a meat and sausage forum.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but as long the meat comes from an ethical source, it's all good.

This is not a place to chastise other people for their actions or opinions just because they may not the same as yours
:P :P
ask the question? where does my food come from
dorsets21
Registered Member

Re: Whaler beef

Postby Frank » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:13 pm

dorsets21 wrote:This is a meat and sausage forum.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but as long the meat comes from an ethical source, it's all good.

This is not a place to chastise other people for their actions or opinions just because they may not the same as yours
:P :P

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion - including those who hold a contrary view. By making a post, by inference, the poster is inviting comment.
Some make 'controversial' posts just to be controversial....
Frank
Frank
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Frank wrote:[---]

That's unfair. :? I have made tens of posts about my cooking and got very positive response (BTW, thank you, Vindii), which is one reason why I continue posting recipes. To me, this dinner was nothing particular. IMO, whale meat is just like any meat. I always bring back a 5 kilo box of frozen meat when I'm in Norway (all too seldom).
André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:05 pm

grisell wrote:

That's unfair. :? I have made tens of posts about my cooking and got very positive response (BTW, thank you, Vindii), which is one reason why I continue posting recipes. To me, this dinner was nothing particular. IMO, whale meat is just like any meat. I always bring back a 5 kilo box of frozen meat when I'm in Norway (all too seldom).

I think it is one of those issues that strikes a chord with people. The arguement is always: well its the same a fishing for cod, or farming etc...but it is emotive for sure a bit like the Koreans eating dog...they see no issue with it but others do. I have seen programs showing Korean dog farms and it can be said it is no different to farming other animals, crocodiles, Bison etc...but it is different, and that's the emotive part.
johnfb
Global Moderator

whaler beef

Postby dorsets21 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:09 pm

good reply
dorsets21
Registered Member

Postby dorsets21 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:25 pm

grisell wrote:

damned if you do damned if you don't keep up the good work i'm willing to try most things had horse,seal,bison,snake, all very nice and at the end of the day all meat :)
dorsets21
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:40 am

johnfb wrote:[---]
I think it is one of those issues that strikes a chord with people. The arguement is always: well its the same a fishing for cod, or farming etc...but it is emotive for sure a bit like the Koreans eating dog...they see no issue with it but others do. I have seen programs showing Korean dog farms and it can be said it is no different to farming other animals, crocodiles, Bison etc...but it is different, and that's the emotive part.

I can buy that about the emotive part, but not the comparison with dogs. Whales aren't pets.
André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby grisell » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:40 am

dorsets21 wrote:[---]
damned if you do damned if you don't keep up the good work i'm willing to try most things had horse,seal,bison,snake, all very nice and at the end of the day all meat :)

Thanks. Don't worry. :wink:
André

grisell
Registered Member

Postby johnfb » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:23 am

grisell wrote:
johnfb wrote:[---]

I can buy that about the emotive part, but not the comparison with dogs. Whales aren't pets.

Tell this guy that :wink:

By the way, in Korea those that eat dog meat DO NOT seee them as pets but rather a farmed animal to be harvested and are not emotive in any way about it...thus my arguement in the first place.
johnfb
Global Moderator

Postby quietwatersfarm » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:32 am

quietwatersfarm
Registered Member

Postby saucisson » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:25 pm

grisell wrote:Whales aren't pets.

Neither are dolphins, yet, we don't eat dolphin, do we :)

At least I don't think we do ;)
Curing is not an exact science... So it's not a sin to bin.

Great hams, from little acorns grow...
saucisson
Site Admin

Postby grisell » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:01 pm

I would eat dolphin if it were on the table. One could certainly train a pig to be just as social and clever as a dolphin at the zoo. So, probably it has to do with a cultural and medial picture of the particular species (?). :?
André

grisell
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cookery in general