Pizza and Wings

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Pizza and Wings

Postby Vindii » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:44 pm

They go great together.

Wings around 400, pizza around 700. Some snowflakes thrown in for effect.

Kids cheese, pepperoni, and a little cotechino sausage

Mine cheese, pepperoni, onion, cotechino sausage

Buffalo wings

Vindii
Registered Member

Postby ericrice » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:04 pm

10 in the morning and you have me starving now - everything looks great - do you deliver to just outside philly :D
Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist – does what pays the bills really matter?

Eric
ericrice
Registered Member

Postby Big Guy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:15 pm

send me some , but keep the snow up there. :lol:
Big Guy
Registered Member

Postby SausageBoy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Looks very tasty!!!

What brand are the clay cookers?

:D
SausageBoy
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:47 pm

SausageBoy wrote:Looks very tasty!!!

What brand are the clay cookers?

:D

Mine have older names as they were sold and renamed. The current name for them is broil king keg. They are metal version of ceramic cookers.

Original names was the Bubba Keg. Then they renamed it to Big Steel Keg. and now its got a new name...

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills/keg/landing.html
Vindii
Registered Member

Postby Carl333 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:04 pm

That's looks like an awsome crust you got going there Vindii. You got some good char going also on the crust also, Just supurb!

Care to share your recipe and your tips with us?? I just have to replicate this. Topped with some of Brican's chorizo, heaven!!

tks
Carl333
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Here is the dough recipe I use. I can give you %'s if that's better.

Bread Flour: 2 cups (246.76g)
Cold Water: 1/2 cup plus about 6 teaspoons (152.99g)
IDY: 0.33 tsp
Salt: 0.77 tsp
Olive Oil: 0.55 tsp
Note: Dough is for a single 14" pizza

Mix flour and IDY in one bowl. Mix cold water, salt, and oil in another bowl until salt dissolves. Gradually add flour and mix until a ball forms. Once it balls together knead for 5-8 minutes by hand or machine. Put in a oiled bowl, cover and put in the fridge for 24 to 72 hours. Remove from the bowl and put on the counter covered with plastic wrap to rise for 1-2 hours before forming into pizza skin. Stretch by hand or roll to make a skin.

I cook them anywhere from 500-750. Around 650 is the sweet spot. A good preheated hot stone is key.
Vindii
Registered Member

Postby Carl333 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:26 am

Interesting method adding cold water to yeast and letting it do it's work in a fridge for quite some time. What is the "ID" in the list ingredent? Is it a particular type?

Hope I can get my propane BBQ up to 650 or so. Got to get that most important char thing going. Will definitely try this and thanks for sharing Vindii.
Carl333
Registered Member

Postby Vindii » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Carl333 wrote:Interesting method adding cold water to yeast and letting it do it's work in a fridge for quite some time. What is the "ID" in the list ingredent? Is it a particular type?

Hope I can get my propane BBQ up to 650 or so. Got to get that most important char thing going. Will definitely try this and thanks for sharing Vindii.

IDY = Instant Dry Yeast

The cold water is due to the cold ferment in the fridge. If you use instant dry yeast you don't need the warm water to proof it. If you use active dry yeast you will need to proof it in warm water first before kneading.

The fridge ferment adds some nice flavor to the dough.

As long as you can get your oven or grill to 500 you'll be ok. It just takes a bit longer to cook. You may not get quite the rise on the crust but it will still be very good.
Vindii
Registered Member

Postby Titch » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Vindii wrote:
Carl333 wrote:Interesting method adding cold water to yeast and letting it do it's work in a fridge for quite some time. What is the "ID" in the list ingredent? Is it a particular type?

IDY = Instant Dry Yeast

The cold water is due to the cold ferment in the fridge. If you use instant dry yeast you don't need the warm water to proof it. If you use active dry yeast you will need to proof it in warm water first before kneading.

The fridge ferment adds some nice flavor to the dough.

As long as you can get your oven or grill to 500 you'll be ok. It just takes a bit longer to cook. You may not get quite the rise on the crust but it will still be very good.

AHA the difference in yeasts has just explained some weird risings I have had.
Cheers.
Titch
Marriage is a life sentence.
Titch
Registered Member

Return to Cookery in general