Marinated anchovies?

All other recipes including your personal favourite and any seasonal tips to share

Postby grisell » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I made them and they came out excellent, just as I want them. My wife also likes them although she normally loathes anchovies. After 2½ weeks they are still fully palatable (about 1/3 left by now). I have been using them on pizzas, sandwiches and hard-boiled eggs so far. I will be back with pictures later.

There's the problem that the olive oil congelates in the refrigerator. One option would be to store the fish warmer (I don't think so... :shock: ); another option would be to use 50/50 olive oil and some other vegetable oil or to ignore the problem since the oil melts rapidly when serving at room temperature. Any ideas?
André

I have a simple taste - I'm always satisfied with the best.
grisell
Registered Member

Postby Dogfish » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:53 pm

grisell wrote::shock: That looks super fresh!

Still twitchin' man. It is/was honestly one of the coolest things ever to drag $16 lb up out of the depths...and promptly cook it. The sablefish smoked is like $6.99 per 100 grams. They didn't know what it was and were using it for bait. The area though was so plentiful that you could do a trip and get a couple good rockfish, 10 lbs prawns, often an octopus, and these sablefish all at once. Cold cold water too.

Glad about your results and looking forward to the photos. I'm going to try "mountain anchovy" like was mentioned before, after the snowmelt has dropped off.
Dogfish
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Cookery in general