How to know when it is done...

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

How to know when it is done...

Postby reee » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

Hey dudes,

I've got some cacciatorini drying. The last time I made it I left it to dry way too long and it was good tasting but the texture was not very pleasing.

Today, I grabbed the firmest one out of the chamber and cut it in half, at the most moist part. It's still a little moist. So much so that when I squeeze it, a small amount of juice will actually come out (keep in mind, the recipe has a small amount of wine in it too).

Question being, how do I know when it's done?!
reee
Registered Member

Re: How to know when it is done...

Postby BriCan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 am

reee wrote:Hey dudes,

I've got some cacciatorini drying. The last time I made it I left it to dry way too long and it was good tasting but the texture was not very pleasing.

Today, I grabbed the firmest one out of the chamber and cut it in half, at the most moist part. It's still a little moist. So much so that when I squeeze it, a small amount of juice will actually come out (keep in mind, the recipe has a small amount of wine in it too).

Question being, how do I know when it's done?!

Weight loss, aim for 30 - 40%

HTH
But what do I know
BriCan
Registered Member

Return to Beginners