Manual mincer/stuffer

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Manual mincer/stuffer

Postby kennyliza » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:17 pm

I'm still a bit confused as to which stuffer to go for, the standard one sold on sausagemaking.org, or the Porkert?
And if the standard one, which model - the standard, or the heavy duty?
I am a beginner but nevertheless would like to buy a product that I can pass down to my children, so it has to be excellent quality!!
many thanks
Liza :)
kennyliza
Registered Member

Postby Oddley » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:33 pm

Hi kennyliza welcome to the forum.

I can't recommend the porkert stuffer, you need arms of steel to use it. As for the rest please remember you only get what you pay for. I have a reber stuffer and am happy with it.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby J.P. » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:03 pm

Oddley,

Today I tried the Porkert stuffer and found it was fine.

Although at first it is a bit hard, but then if you perform a pumping action, as if getting water from a well, it works quickly and quite easily (it is like stone if you just push down on the lever, tho.)

Only problem is that the plate that pushes the mixture doesn't go right to the bottom, so there is always a handful of the sausage mixture left right at the end, but you can push it through the tube manually, or, use it as bulk sausage and have it for breakfast, or, dinner (or whatever's sooner...)
J.P.
-
Eat, Drink, Be Merry and Prepare
For the Lupercalia Approaches.
February 15!
-
'Quel che non ammazza, ingrassa.'
J.P.
Registered Member

Return to Beginners