Advice on mincer/stuffers

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Advice on mincer/stuffers

Postby MONKEY » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:48 am

Hi there,

I want to buy my brother a mincer/stuffer kit for xmas to start him off on sausage making. The thing is he takes this kind of thing pretty seriously - he already makes his own ham, bacon etc. I want to get him something that he can keep using and will not have to upgrade later on.

I was thinking of either buying him the electric or the heavy duty sausage making kit. Just wanted to know if there were any particular limitations using the elctric one? Which is the better of the two options?

Thanks
MONKEY
Registered Member

Postby Hobbitfeet » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:01 pm

If he's into curing already then he may need something with a bit more muscle in it. Does he have a large family? (or appetite?)
"I would not enter on my list of friends (Though graced with polished manners and fine sense, yet wanting sensibility) the man who needlessly sets foot upon a worm." William Cowper.
Hobbitfeet
Registered Member

Return to Beginners