Slow cooked chorizo

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Slow cooked chorizo

Postby Jimbob1966 » Mon May 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi,

First time post here, so please bear with me !!

All time favorite sausage has always been Chorizo, fresh rather than dried, but I would like to see if I can make something that combines the properties of both !! A firmer, cooked chorizo for slicing and I was wondering if the method used to cook them might help make a firmer slicing sausage ?

I'm thinking of cooking them very slowly, until they get to temperature, then removing them and cooling them rapidly. Does anyone think this would help ?

Perhaps simmer them very slowly ?

The recipes I use are very good and make a very good sausage when fresh, so its just a matter of getting the technique for creating a sausage that slices close to a dried sausage. Might be it cant happen, but I would like to try if possible

Many thanks

James
Jimbob1966
Newly Registered

Re: Slow cooked chorizo

Postby quietwatersfarm » Mon May 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi James,

where abouts are you? as this might give a clue as to what 'chorizo' you are referring to.

I would say that in the UK we are typically talking about a spanish type, whereas in the Americas its often an entirely different kettle of fish

Oh, and Hi! :)
quietwatersfarm
Registered Member

Postby Jimbob1966 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 am

Hi,

I'm in the uk and yes its a spanish type.

James
Jimbob1966
Newly Registered

Postby captain wassname » Wed May 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Post the recipe and someone may be able to help.

Jim
now merely fat
captain wassname
Registered Member

Return to Beginners