Rusk Substitute

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Postby aris » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:53 am

Sounds good - i'll certainly give it a try.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Wohoki » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:17 pm

I'll dig out my notebooks and post my recipe for mergez, vegetables and couscous. It's about time I cooked it again anyway.
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby Lance Yeoh » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:14 am

Tristar, I've tried it! turn out quite well. I put the crackers in the mill and turn them to powder form before using them. I feel that it's easier to mix as compared to breadcrumbs. cheers! :D
Lance Yeoh
Registered Member

Postby tristar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:18 am

Hi Lance,

Thanks for that information, I still have two weeks in Deepest Darkest Africa, but on my return I will certainly be giving it a try, Glad it turned out ok. How finely did you process the crackers? I guess different levels of processing will effect the texture of the sausage, or will it?

Thanks to everybody for their input, this has been interesting for me.

Best Regards,

Richard
"Don't be shy, just give it a try!"
Food for The Body and The Soul
tristar
Registered Member

Postby Wohoki » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:13 am

I just made a batch or mergez using crushed Ryevita as rusk, they're just wholemeal rye flour and salt, and the result was exellent. At 67p for 250g it works out pricey, but in an emergency (like the one I had yesterday).....
Wohoki
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Beginners