new legislation re wild boar

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

new legislation re wild boar

Postby croft 8 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:04 pm

hi, new to this forum, but i was wondering if any one had been affected by the new legislation re farmed game ie wild boar? i put 2 large wild boar cross sows away on monday thinking they would be returned to me today(thurs) but have just been informed by the abattoir that brain samples had to be collected and sent off for testing and the results arent back yet so no pork! :x i would like to hear from anyone who has any info. The abattoir says i might have them by monday or if not next thursday! I am going abroad for 10 days on tuesday, so has anyone made bacon, sausages, ham with previously frozen meat?
croft 8
Newly Registered

Postby Paul Kribs » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:56 pm

croft 8

I really think all this legislation is going a little too far. I know it is being done for the right reasons, but it seems a little over the top somehow. To ease your frustration a bit the answer is yes, you can make sausages, bacon and ham with previously frozen pork meat. I sometimes re-freeze after production and have not suffered any ill effects. Neither has anyone who has taken my produce. If I thought there was any chance of anything nasty then I would not do it.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Return to Beginners