Help making ham ribs.

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Help making ham ribs.

Postby ahm Fae glasgow » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:22 pm

I'm guessing there is enough knowledge in here to get an answer to this one. Growing up in Glasgow, my mother would buy what we called ham ribs. I can remember the flavour but never knew if they where smoked or if some other process was used. They made a great pot of soup followed by a large plate of them with cabbage,mashed potato and turnip. They had a beautiful red colour to the meat and a nice brown shade on the outside. I have never in 40 yeasr found anything like them here in Canada, so I'm thinking maybe a different method used back home. Hopefully someone here knows what I'm talking about and can help.
I'm Too cheap to buy store made sausages, but spent way too much on equipment.
ahm Fae glasgow
Registered Member

Re: Help making ham ribs.

Postby DanMcG » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 am

I've done them before but I'm not sure it's the same as in Glasgow.
I Just weighed out the correct amount of cure and rubbed it on a rack of ribs, gave it a couple days and then smoked them.

Here's a write up on another site a friend did that might help, or at least give ya some ideas on how to make them your own way.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threa ... ep.108686/
DanMcG
Registered Member

Return to Beginners