novice sausage maker

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Postby Wohoki » Fri May 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Nice work.
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby hmmm sausages » Fri May 12, 2006 3:19 pm

Jen, I found when using my electric mincer with stuffer attachement it was fiddly and a bit stop start as you push the mix down the tube it shoots out, then goes slow. I spent the extra and got myself a Hobby Stuffer, its far superior for stuffing, well worth the extra cash.

those sausages look quality, i cant wait to get m mincer back from the fixers so i can make some more sausages....
hmmm sausages
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Sun May 14, 2006 8:32 am

Well we tried one of each type of sausage on the BBQ on Friday evening, and all of them passed muster on the taste and texture front. The first batch I made tasted good, but we prefer the coarser mince to the pate texture I had before. None of them burst their skins, so all in all I am getting the sausages I was hoping for.
I was concerned that I'd stuffed them a bit tight, (it's difficult to control the rate of flow from the electric stuffer) so I didn't risk trying Paul Krib's sausage linking method, I'd like to try that some time though.
The stilton and leek variety with the addition of some of my home made stilton was very good indeed, as was the lamb with cumin, coriander and various Indian spices. Anyway, it got the neighbours noses twitching and we promised them an invite next time we get the barbie out.

Cheers

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Shirl » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:44 pm

Jenny the sausages look really fab, thank you for sharing the pics with us. And im pleased that you are ok with the hogs casing as I shall follow your recommendation and order those now. I was worried about the smell
Shirl
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Beginners