NUTS TO YOU TOO........

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

NUTS TO YOU TOO........

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:34 am

Wandering round Tesco as is my want I noticed in the carribean section a Kilo of red peanuts, that is raw uncooked peanuts in their skins, at �1.50 I thought they were a nice buy so I chucked them in the basket on the front of my buggy.

I was wondering if there is anyway I could incorporate these in sausages or burgers either chopped or ground.

Anyone any bright ideas please.....

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:06 am

Rik

You could use the peanuts as bait to trap squirrels and then make squirrel burgers :lol:

Seriously, I can't say I know of a recipe for sausages that includes peanuts. I believe ground nuts are used in veggie burgers. Maybe you could experiment and try a south-east asian type sausage using chicken along with the peanuts, along similar lines to chicken satay..
I know that hazlenuts and pestachio nuts are sometimes used in coarse pat� and meat terrines.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby aris » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:38 am

Franco's sardinian mix contains pine nuts.
aris
Site Admin

Postby Rik vonTrense » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:28 am

It was just a thought .....peanuts are rather tougher than pine nuts I like the idea of satay though .....mould a handful on skewers.

Give them a whiz in my ultimate whizzer but not down to a paste. Might try some for tomorrows barbie.

Rik vonTrense
Rik vonTrense
Registered Member

Postby welsh wizard » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:55 am

Barbie! who's nuts! :lol:

Hope the weather holds - cheers WW
welsh wizard
Registered Member

Postby Wohoki » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:11 pm

You could try this recipe for a bit of a change, it was the first recipe I posted. Just replace the almonds with peanuts.

http://forum.sausagemaking.org/viewtopic.php?t=1188
Wohoki
Registered Member

Postby TJ Buffalo » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:40 pm

I see no issues with nuts in sausage, I've used pistachios and other nuts before. Go for it and let us know how it comes out.
TJ Buffalo
Global Moderator

Return to Beginners