A Frist timer

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

A Frist timer

Postby mmab9 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:43 am

I have just found the site and have ordered smoked bacon cure is it the same as Lucas easicure sweet drycure ! as I have used this and it's good.
Also I have ordered the pama type cure and you say use a small peice of pork .Please don't think i'm stupid but what part of the pig should I use just to try a small peice?
I also got the Old English Boiled Ham Cure can you give me some tips for this as well I had to get the Old english ham cure as the wife and Daughter don't like pama ham I love pama ham so it's all mine hee hee :?
mmab9
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:39 am

mmab9

The bacon cures are very easy to use, just follow the instructions.. I take it you have a set of scales that weigh in 1 gram increments. There is a step by step tutorial on my site, just click the WWW at the bottom of this post and go to the sausagemaking section.

For the Parma style cure, I would opt for a 1 kg piece of Loin, bones removed, and again, follow the instructions.

Same advice for the English ham really. Follow the instructions and it turns out beautifully. After it is cooked I find the temptation to eat the skin very difficult to ignore..

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Return to Beginners