Advice needed on Curry Sausages

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Advice needed on Curry Sausages

Postby ando » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:09 pm

Hi All

I want to have a go at some Curry Sausages and wondered if I add some curry paste to a mix of Pork 500g 25-30% fat, 50g Rusk, 75g Water.

Do I need to add anything else like salt??

Sorry if this is a basic question.

I have order the Firecracker and Korma Mixes from Franco, but they haven't come yet and wouldn't mind have a mess with some curry pastes I have at home while I'm waiting for them to come.

Thanks

Mark.
Mark
ando
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:50 pm

I'd check how salty your curry paste is and add accordingly to taste. I've found it's easy to make them too salty, and salt can always be added at the table to be on the safe side. Anyway, have a go and enjoy, I bet they'll be good.

Cheers

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:34 pm

ando

The firecracker is very nice indeed.. I normally use it at 50 grams per kilo, but it is a bit salty (my taste) so I would advise you try it at 30-35 grams per kilo.. a very enjoyable sausage..

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby pokerpete » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:42 pm

Paul Kribs wrote:ando

The firecracker is very nice indeed.. I normally use it at 50 grams per kilo, but it is a bit salty (my taste) so I would advise you try it at 30-35 grams per kilo.. a very enjoyable sausage..

Regards, Paul Kribs

Why not buy a tub/portion of curry sauce from the Chinese takeaway, and try that. It's never very salty.
pokerpete
Registered Member

Postby pokerpete » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:47 pm

jenny_haddow wrote:I'd check how salty your curry paste is and add accordingly to taste. I've found it's easy to make them too salty, and salt can always be added at the table to be on the safe side. Anyway, have a go and enjoy, I bet they'll be good.

Cheers

Jen

Even Mrs Pataks excellent products are salty, but they are formulated as a concentrate, and join other ingredients eg tomatoes and onions in the pan thus negating their saltiness.
pokerpete
Registered Member

Return to Beginners