Bangers up up north

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Bangers up up north

Postby Shamus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:50 pm

I am thinking of going into business in Scandinavia making and selling traditional British sausages. Do any fellow forum members have any experience of how our beloved links go down in wider Europe? The Baltic states do have a sub-Teutonic sausage tradition, but nothing on a par with what we have access to in the UK, IMHO. Plan would be to source the spices and skins in the UK and buy the meat in Finland. Any thoughts?
Shamus
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Hi Shamus

I am afraid our continental cousins don't really think we brits can make sausage, I was once told by a German and I quote " we Germans are different to you English in that we put the bread on the outside"

Cant argue with that but I would put a good Cumberland sausage up against anything.
If you do go ahead I would be delighted to help you source the skins & my company manufactures seasonings so pm me & I will try to help.

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby Shamus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:13 am

Thanks for your input. I will definitely get in touch if this thing takes off. Sourcing the pork in Finland would allow me to experiment with different recipes and perhaps find a banger that the Finns would consume in large quantities. Cheers for now.
Shamus
Registered Member

Return to Beginners