welcome back!

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

welcome back!

Postby fb » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:13 pm

welcome back, phew thank god for that :)
fb
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:02 pm

I'll Second that
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby Ianinfrance » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:50 pm

I am really pleased to see that the site's been "unhacked". I've a ton of questions to ask and was really distressed to see that there was no place to ask them.
All the best - Ian
"The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." c. 2800 BC
Ianinfrance
Registered Member

Postby Bangerboy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:18 am

Why Oh Why on earth would some computer nerd with hacking skills chose to hack and spoil a sausage making forum for Gods sake ?

Sad, very , very sad.

But welcome back, I was beginning to get withdrawal symtoms.
Bangerboy
Registered Member

Postby Paul Kribs » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:35 am

Was the hacker a ...... vegetarian? :shock: (cue dramatic music)

Whatever, let's hope it's an end to it.

Regards, Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:30 pm

I did a google search on this "fracktaliser" character and found nothing at all. The guy (or gal) is obviously not a regular hacker and is not part of any fraternity or hacker network otherwise he'd have shown up in the search so is probably just some noobie kid trying to make a name for himself.

The method used to hack the forum was probably a very simple one. What with the old version of the forum software that we had AND the vulnerable php version installed on the server; the average kid could have done it.

That's all changed now with the new server and latest software. I will be keeping my eye on updates as they are released and will pester Franco to get Andy to install them when they are available.
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby jenny_haddow » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:34 am

Apart from missing the contact with the other members, this forum is a considerable archive now. I'm frequently searching the threads for recipes, instructions and tips, I really missed it as an integral part of my kitchen repertoire while it was down.

I've taken the step of making some hard copies of the stuff I use most, just in case, but hopefully that wont happen again.

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Return to Beginners