simplicity...

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Postby BBQer » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Patricia Thornton wrote:Lance: When you talk of the weather you sound just like us Brits, we're seldom satisfied, whatever it's like. Here in Bulgaria, we've just had a couple of inches of snow so there's no chance of any BBQ and I don't even ski!

Don't let a little snow stop you. BBQing can be a year-round sport. :D

B's 'n Q's
BBQer
Registered Member

Postby Lance Yeoh » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:36 am

Oddley,
Sausage Empire? Now that's a new one. :lol: But sound good though.

Patty,
It's never too early to make retirement plans right? At least there's some goal to aim for. :D But now I'm still really far away from that goal. :?
Lance Yeoh
Registered Member

Postby Patricia Thornton » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:19 am

BBQer: Is your real name Gunga Din? Cos you're certainly a better man than I am; either that, or desperate!

Do you ask your guests to go out and get their own food once it's ready and then supply icecream for dessert?
Patty
Patricia Thornton
Registered Member

Postby BBQer » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:03 am

That's funny. Reminds me as a child, of being at my grandmother's house in the winter. If it snowed, she would make "snow ice cream" for us.

The BBQing I do can take up to 18 hours for a brisket or pork shoulder, then it rests in foil wrapped in towels for an hour or two. By then it's indoors so guests don't have to suffer the weather to enjoy it. Most of the time I start it about 9 pm and let it cook through the night. I'll wake up to snow and ice occasionally.
B's 'n Q's
BBQer
Registered Member

Postby Patricia Thornton » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:55 am

Having a BBQ in the snow actually sounds a really wonderful idea, especially since it's the men who do the cooking. Unfortunately, if I suggested such an idea to my other half it would simply confirm what he already suspects - I've lost the plot completely!
Patty
Patricia Thornton
Registered Member

Postby wittdog » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:44 pm

BBQer wrote:
Patricia Thornton wrote:Lance: When you talk of the weather you sound just like us Brits, we're seldom satisfied, whatever it's like. Here in Bulgaria, we've just had a couple of inches of snow so there's no chance of any BBQ and I don't even ski!

Don't let a little snow stop you. BBQing can be a year-round sport. :D

U got that right...don't let a little snow stop you...its just more of a reason to nip at the whiskey...and the snow banks keep your beer cold.
wittdog
Registered Member

Postby Lance Yeoh » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:53 am

Sigh.... I've never seen snow. :( Just lots and lots of rain here.
Lance Yeoh
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Beginners