did a little bit of sausage today

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

did a little bit of sausage today

Postby wittdog » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:57 pm

Well we are at the � way point 30lbs of Polish Sausage Stuffed, 20lbs is in the Lectric,�..10lbs of Big Wheels Texus Hot Links (first impressions smelled great thought it could have used a shot of Worch..but did it Big Wheels way)�Now we are cleaing up the equipment that had the sausage with the cure in it�.and I am waiting for my helpers to wake up from there naps�then I will but them back to work.
Spices all lined up and ready to go

�Bucket� Stuffer

All mixed up

How�s it smell?

Ready to crank..

Stuffing

Another of Dad�s helpers�

Linking the sausage

All linked up

Into the Lectro

Close Up

BW hot link mix
Hot Links
After the kids get up�We are going to make some of BW Lonely Yankee Brauts and some Breafast Sausage and finish up with the Blueberry Sausage. I�m �cool� smoking most of the the Polish Sausge and Hot links�and I�m going to Hot Smoke a small batch of each of the sausage for dinner tonight on Buford..more pics to follow..my
wittdog
Registered Member

Postby vinner » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:43 pm

Witt, you ole dawg, it's great to see the whole fam damily getting involved. My 5 year old get angry when she can't assist. The links look tasty.
" To be the stewards of what we have been given, to reap what we sow, to enjoy the harmony of it all.

me
vinner
Registered Member

Postby wittdog » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:19 am

First batch out of the smoke house...
wittdog
Registered Member

Postby Michelle » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:30 am

Looks fabulous wittdog! Thank you for posting such wonderful pictures.I must comment that some of them spice jars are bigger than the child! lol
Michelle
Registered Member

Postby wittdog » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Georgie wrote:Looks fabulous wittdog! Thank you for posting such wonderful pictures.I must comment that some of them spice jars are bigger than the child! lol

When you do alot of BBQ and smoking and curing like I do...It's cheaper to go big... :wink:
wittdog
Registered Member

Postby DarrinG » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:51 pm

Wittdog they look great. Big Wheels Hot Links are a favorite around my house. We love the way they cook up. Although I thought they would be hotter then what they were they are great.

The pics are great. Its great to have little ones help out. My neice loves to help whenever I am doing anything.

BTW what beer did you use? I used a Canadian Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale and the flavor was fantastic.

DarrinG
DarrinG
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:36 pm

Very impressive Wittdog, good pictures and great helpers by the looks of it. All I have here is a cat (Roger) that looks on expectantly when I'm making sausages!

Thankyou for posting the picture of the sausage stuffer, it has solved a problem for me as I didn't want to screw mine onto a stand to stop it sliding about. Bench clamps are the obvious and simple answer, I should have thought of it myself.

We are into the hotlinks here now, I make them with Guiness which makes for a darker sausage, but a good flavour.

Cheers

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Postby wittdog » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:19 pm

jenny_haddow wrote:Very impressive Wittdog, good pictures and great helpers by the looks of it. All I have here is a cat (Roger) that looks on expectantly when I'm making sausages!

Thankyou for posting the picture of the sausage stuffer, it has solved a problem for me as I didn't want to screw mine onto a stand to stop it sliding about. Bench clamps are the obvious and simple answer, I should have thought of it myself.

We are into the hotlinks here now, I make them with Guiness which makes for a darker sausage, but a good flavour.

Cheers

Jen

Next time I'll be using Guiness if I can keep any in the house... :D I use Guiness when I BBQ a brisket and when I make chilli..The bench clamps work well..you can place a small piece of wood between the clamp and the bottom of you table..and get some of that non-skid matting to go under the stuffer..
wittdog
Registered Member

Postby jenny_haddow » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:27 pm

The old ad' used to say 'Guiness is good for you', well any excuse will do I reckon! Seriously though, the flavour does come across in the hot links.
More good tips about the non slip matting,

Thanks Wittdog

Jen
jenny_haddow
Registered Member

Return to Beginners