HUMIDITY

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

HUMIDITY

Postby robarnone » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:22 pm

Hi guys, I have read Len Poli's site many times and know their are commercial line in humidistats available but I was wondering if there is a way to make one on my own. I want to use a Humidistat and be able to run it off a regular 120 v outlet and plug a humidifier into this. This will then turn the humidifier on and off. I am not too good with electronics but I could do it if told how. The problem I have is that the humidistats I find are low voltage and I dont know to rig them for 120v.

Can anyone help please....I dont have the luxury of using a fridge and I am not home all the time to watch the humidity. I made some salami last year and tried to regulate on my own but sometimes when I am at work it gets very humid in the cantina(a mist is in there). Also, will it work to enclose a part of the cantina with insulation to keep the humidity and temperature constant within the enclosure? I dont want to cmmit the entire cantina to the meat as I also have my wine within but I have an area under a bench which will work....should i enclose it and put a fan inside.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks guys (btw i am in Toronto)
robarnone
Registered Member

Return to Beginners