new sausage maker

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

new sausage maker

Postby Carmen » Tue May 31, 2005 7:07 pm

I am new to sausage making, just waiting to receive my sausage maker and hog skins. I have been reading through the forum and cannot wait to try out my very own home made sausages and burgers. Will let you all know how I get on. :D
Carmen
Carmen
Newly Registered

Postby Oddley » Tue May 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Carmen.

I will be interested to hear your sausagemaking exploits. If you have any problems don't hesitate too seek advice.
Oddley
Registered Member

Postby sausagemaker » Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 pm

Hi Carmen

Welcome to the forum, have fun & don't be afraid to ask if you need help

Regards
Sausagemaker
Advice
Often sought, seldom taken
sausagemaker
Registered Member

Postby Spuddy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:30 am

Hi Carmen,
Welcome to the forum.
This forum is all about sharing of knowledge so let us know how you get on, maybe post the recipes you use and don't be afraid to ask if you have a question.
Good luck with your first attempts.
Spuddy
Site Admin

Postby Paul Kribs » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:27 am

Carmen, welcom to the forum. Once you make your own sausages you will wonder why you never did it before... just like me.

For making burgers I bought a plastic burger press from Lakelands, it was only about �7.00. It was invaluble advice given on this forum. I found the burger press gives a nice uniform thickness to the burger, which in turn means that it cooks evenly on the BBQ. I made 3 different flavours of burgers, bagged them and froze them. Only thing is that I forgot to label the bags, which means surprise time. They came out very nice as I used joints of beef topside.

Franco is going to stock burger dry marinalls soon and I am looking forward to trying them.

Regards Paul Kribs
Paul Kribs
Registered Member

Return to Beginners