Posting a Photo with Photobucket

Beginners FAQ on sausage making, meat curing etc may often be found at the head of each relevant section, but here is the place to ask experienced users for advice if you are still stuck or need more information...we're here to help!

Posting a Photo with Photobucket

Postby wnkt » Mon May 02, 2011 1:23 am

Posting Photos on how to post photos

Here are the basic steps in posting your photos in the threads using www.photobucket.com for photo hosting.

Step 1: Sign Up at www.photobucket.com for a FREE account. They will store your photo's online so the forum doesn't have to store them.

Step 2: Upload you photos from your computer. getting them ON your computer isnt covered here.
This is what it looks like after you sign in to the photobucket site:
And where you upload the photos from your computer.

This is how the first screen looks, you get there by clicking the Green Upload Now button at the top of the screen after logging in.

Click on the "Select Photos and Videos" button and you get a Browse window to choose the files you want to upload.
To select more than one hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and click on individual files and it will select them, when you click on the "Open" button in the lower right corner they will begin uploading

After uploading some files you will be presented the files as below,

If you then click on one of the images you will get a slightly larger version with editing options available if you put your mouse pointer ON the image , you will see the bar at the top of the image that has File, Edit, Resize, Rotate....and a few others as shown below.

This is how the new screen will look like, all you will have in your ALBUM view are thumbnail pics of all your images, you will only see the way to copy the actual URL to the photo to post it here is to put your mouse over the photo as shown

Copy the Link to the photos under the thumbnail of the photo you want. To Copy the text in the box, all you now have to do is click in tghe boc you want and it will automagically be copied to your computers clipboard.
To copy just the link to the photo, Click in the box named "URL"
You will get something like this:
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l313/wnkt/upload4.jpg

If you want the photo to show up in the posting , just like all the above photo's, Click on the "IMG code" and copy the text there.

Paste the text you copied above into the posting area in the forum: To paste, right click the mouse where you want it to go and choose "Paste". This is how the text looks when pasteing it in.

This is how its done, No trouble at all!

:D
wnkt
Registered Member

Postby wnkt » Tue May 10, 2011 1:33 am

Let me know if this works for you or if it needs adjustment or clarification.
wnkt
Registered Member

Postby wheels » Tue May 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Nice tutorial, thanks. :D
wheels
Global Moderator

Re: Photo's on tutorial don't work.

Postby baconeer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:20 am

wnkt wrote:Let me know if this works for you or if it needs adjustment or clarification.

I know this was posted a few years ago but can't see the pic's in the tutorial.
Is there some other thread to give me direction.
Have photo's on photobucket but no idea how to get them in a post.
Cheers
Gary
baconeer
Registered Member

Re: Posting a Photo with Photobucket

Postby wheels » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:11 pm

I don't have photobucket but the link you need to post is likely to look similar to this, I assume:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l313/yourusername/browse.jpg

The link text is posted in your post between the 'img' tags that you can select above the box where you write your post.

Once you have the correct link like above, the post here is a piece of cake that any mod will help with.

Sorry not to be of more help, hopefully someone who uses this image host can advise.

Phil
wheels
Global Moderator

Postby jmzhow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:05 pm

Mid last year (26.06.17) Photobucket caused controversy across web forums by withdrawing 3rd party linking to content hosted on their server for free. As such images people have posted in the way described above have stopped working.
To make this process work you'll have to have a photobucket subscription. More info here.
https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photob ... edded-web/

alternatives although I've not tried any:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums ... ernatives/
https://imgbb.com/

hope that just stops people things they are doing something incorrectly.
jmzhow
Newly Registered

Postby wheels » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 pm

Many thanks.
wheels
Global Moderator

Return to Beginners